Degrees and Certificates
Master of Science in Biochemistry,Master of Science
The course is primarily comprised of a series of lab experiments (five to six) aimed at introducing graduate students to modern techniques in biochemistry and cell biology. In addition, students will be trained in the basic principles of designing and conducting scientific experiments.
This course is a comprehensive course in biochemistry which will cover the following:
- Structure and function of biological molecules
- Enzymes regulations and kinetics;
- Intermediary metabolism
- Replication, transcription and translation
- Mechanisms of hormone action and signal transduction
- Role of vitamins in normal and aberrant conditions
- Inherited errors of metabolism
- Integration of metabolism and organ function.