The Dean of Students can conduct the informal hearing, unless the Dean of Students appoints any other member of the faculty/administration to conduct the hearing.
- The University does not automatically call witnesses to support the issues to be reviewed, although the Dean of Students may gather any additional information needed, including the interview of a witness.
- Students will be informed of any additional information gathered by the Dean of Students or designee.
- The responding student may call witnesses and present evidence
- The hearing is scheduled at the convenience of the responding student and the Dean of Students or designee.
- Normally there is no attorney or advisor present.
- Brief written decision (with or without a findings of fact) will serve as the record and will be communicated within ten days of the final meeting with the student