Changing or Selling Vehicles

If a student, faculty or staff is selling their SGU registered vehicle, the responsibility remains with the original owner, they must return the old decal to the Security Office in order to get a new one or remove the decal and return to DPS if no new one is required. This also applies to a damaged vehicle. If the vehicle is sold and the decal was not removed, the person to whom the decal was issued will be responsible for any fine incurred should the vehicle be ticketed.

Persons may transfer a permit to a new or second vehicle but must register the new vehicle with DPS before doing so.