Transient Credit

In exceptional circumstances, following matriculation at SGU, students may request approval to take coursework at another university.

Approval must be received prior to registration or attendance at another university. Students must submit a completed Transient Credit Approval Form accompanied by the course description(s) of the course(s) they wish to take to the Office of the University Registrar.

Evaluation of the request will include not only credibility and equivalency of course content, but also justification for taking the course(s) at another university. Students must have an official transcript sent from the host university to the SGU Office of the University Registrar. Students must receive a grade of ā€œCā€ (or equivalent score) or better in the course(s).

A transient course, denoted by ā€œT,ā€ and the credit hours received, will appear on the SGU transcript. The credit hours may be utilized to fulfill SGU graduation requirements; however, no grade is earned. Thus, such credit does not impact the SGU GPA. Students may not receive more than 18 credit hours of transient credit.